Thursday, December 18, 2008

we just

We just sat on the floor and laughed.
I made her laugh. I won.
It didn't take much tonight. I fed her a beer, but I didn't even need to.
She me made me laugh too.
What the hell are we doing?
"What the fuck are we doing?" I managed to spit out before falling over laughing.
I sat her up again, wrapping her in pillows.
I took four steps back, with my body lowered.
"ok, are you ready?"
"Yea," I couldn't believe she was game.
I charged with my shoulder lowered into the big round pillow, knocking her into the bed.
Rolling over.
She spilled a full 2X4 can of budweiser on my bed once. That was a hoot. The mind takes a while to figure out what the fuck is happening:
"Wow, the amber liquid is flowing onto my comforter. My mom bought me this silly looking blanket to replace the one she bought me ten years ago. I loved that one. The smell of it reminded me of childhood. Sweaty years where it was more fun not to bathe and deal with that for a while:
"Dude, take a shower," my brother said.
"Huh?"
I was wearing baggy pants then, it was the 1990s, it was what you were supposed to do I guess? Or i just followed. Too young to try to make decisions yet, I will someday.
I need to pick this beer can up off my bed, but is this really happening.
Jumping up in the air, quick, grabbing the beer, gathering the blanket.
Two children lost on a bed with out covers. Running around "CODE BLUE!" gathering old towels off the floor. The gross floor, the cheap college floor.
***
"What if I tried my hand at poetry?"
"What if you made a turn?" She said, gesturing to the scrabble board. Oh yea, its my move...
I lean forward with the wine nod, red lips, messy hair, jazz record in the background....
"Do you need help? You know, you can skip a turn."
That is my line, she is feeding me my fucking line here.
i remember seeing green grass colored blue. It was an effect. A photographic effect, but I don't know from where, or why. It just was.
Variations of lips gloss.
going to music school, figuring out chords, playing piano in the practice rooms. trying to sing.
trying to sing silly songs and trying to sing serious songs. I have only done that one time in graduate school, I did it a thousand in undergrad. Am I too old to play guitar and sing?
Maybe not enough time?

1 comment:

Rayster said...

your too much, i hate women.