Wednesday, December 3, 2008

mr. running how you doing?

I am currently obsessed with running clothes. Not that I really own a lot of them, but I just saw a little commercial on my computer here at work, and I want those clothes. I need that don't I? New running stuff? I tried very hard to come up with another poem similar in style and context to the one I wrote yesterday, and it proved impossible. So, I am won't force it.
Today I woke up around 9:30 and did some sweeping. I drank some coffee, and I read more of Tree of Smoke.
This novel is good, but because of the way this semester has played out, I have taken breaks from it. At first I would be flipping backwards through it trying to figure out where I have seen a particular character before. Now halfway through it I don't have to do that anymore. It is now 1968, and the Tet Offensive is pretty much underway. Johnson leaves few details of the horror of this campaign behind, with scenes of confused Marines doing horrible things to captured Vietnamese while trying to understand why every thing is shit.
I checked out a book yesterday, having not even finished this one yet. Stupid idea. I had been doing better, as far as laying a current book down, staring at a wall, and saying, "Listen man, how can you read this? You know what you should really read? Remember how you said you were going to read...." On and on. Its horrible. So, now I have a book siting in the corner staring at me.
I will finish tree of smoke first.

No comments: